Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letter 6-7-11

Querida Familia,
  Another transfer and another new companion. I'm on a streak Carranza to Robbins to Groom to Terry and now to Elder Rowan. I replaced Elder Rowan in Mandeville. He is from California and is going home in August. I am really going to miss Elder Terry, he is my favorite companion and also best friend in the mission. He is going to South Baton Rouge where I served. I'm really bummed because we had a lot of good things going. Adjusting to new companions always takes time and I would like to say it doesn't have a toll on Investigators but it usually does.
  We had a really good last week together. Eric and Luz are doing well! They are committed for June 25th and they are married. Only hold is that Eric has to work every Sunday for atleast the next 2 months. To be baptized you have to come to church twice. When we committed Eric he mentioned how when we first passed by he was drinking a little beer. We didn't say anything about it. After our first visit he didn't have the desire to drink anymore and stopped completely. I am really excited for them! Delfina and Eduardo are still really cool but have some problems in between them. Delfina has to go back to Mexico to renew a work visa and Eduardo doesn't want her to go. Then there is also Jessica and Efren, they have a date for the 25th as well. They have 4 little kids. They aren't the most solid Investigators....yet.
   On Saturday we had a big crawl fish boil at one of our only rich members house. He is a Doctor and his house backs up to the River. 26 hispanics showed up including Luz and the family minus Eric. Also Delfina and the fam minus Eduardo. I ate some craw fish and only had the slightest reaction but it got to the point where I didn't want to keep eating. After having 26 hispanics at a Craw fish we expected to have many at church. Only the Familia Benitez, Jose G., Sergio and Miguel, and 2 Investigators showed up. One of the Investigators was this guy named Hector. His son got put in jail and we have been visiting him. He came to Church and had a lot of questions. He is pretty cool and we will start teaching him more.
  Not too much more happened that I can think of. I just got back from being a cadey for Elder Terry on a beautiful golf course. We were out in the sun for like 4 hrs. Yes, I got the pictures. Thank you mom for those. The flood situation is the same, not much. I haven't heard anything about Mitt. Yes I will be in the same address so a package would be nice. I don't really have any requests.
   

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from Elder Decker. His situation sounds very similar to Dawson's in Spanish speaking Cali. Always trying to get people, divorced, married, and to come to church etc. Our neighbor Blake Johnson and his new wife are there attending school. He just helped with a cook out that Karl Malone attended. He and his wife both served in that mission, although they didn't meet there, but later at BYU.

    ReplyDelete